Happy holidays! I decided to use some of the products I received in the Look Fantastic advent calendar (watch my previous post!) to create a super easy and somewhat natural holiday beauty look. I know that I can do crazy more dramatic smokey looks, but for the holidays I always tend to go a little more understated (could be because I know my mom and grandma will approve of this look..)
Also, Look Fantastic is having a huge winter sale! If I were you I would snatch up some goodies and think of it as a Christmas gift to yourself because you give gifts to those you love and don’t you love yourself?! (I think a little more self love would be the perfect new years resolution for us all!)
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with your friends and loved ones – I am excited to just eat and drink and be snowed in with my fam. AND show Olive SNOW!!
It’s finally socially acceptable for me to start talking about Christmas! Well, to tell you the truth, I put up my Christmas tree and decorated the apartment a few weeks ago… But now I won’t get so many weird looks for it! I got these two advent calendars from Look Fantastic and was so excited to open them – I don’t know if advent calendars have always been popular in the United States because I never remember seeing them in stores when I was younger, but after years of watching soooo many British youtubers open up their advent calendars, I finally did too! I opened up all of the days in the video above for both the Skin Store and Look Fantastic calendars and was shocked at how many quality products you get. Like actually stuff I will use and maybe definitely already have…
I can report back that I am obsessed with my Foreo – I got the mini Foreo in the 12th box of the Skin Store calendar (retails for $99 but has $350 worth of product in it) and took it out right away and have been using it ever since! It made my skin feel so soft even after the first use and hasn’t been too rough for my sensitive skin (which has happened with other exfoliating brushes). I also packed a bunch of the face and hand moisturizers when I was traveling for Thanksgiving and was soo thankful I did. My skin felt so chapped after being on multiple planes….
The Look Fantastic calendar ($115 with over $350 worth of products) has 25 boxes with a mixture of makeup, skincare, and hair products – opening each one was like a little Christmasy treat. I also loved that there were a mixture of full and travel size items so that I can take them with me when I visit my fam for the holidays!
Now that I am feeling significantly spoiled I don’t think I can ever leave the dark side.. Guess I have to get advent calendars every year now!
Long time no talk! Well….. I’M BACK! Since we’ve talked last, I’ve moved to a different state, had a (fur) baby, and dyed my hair a few different hair colors (purple, blue, grey!). I can’t wait to get back in the swing of things :)
When LookFantastic.com wanted to partner up, I knew this would be the perfect post to jumpstart blogging again as it is my most requested and asked about topic – HAIRCARE! While I haven’t actually dyed my hair since January, I have been doing all of these tips and tricks to keep my hair feeling healthy and vibrant.
All of these products are available at LookFantastic.com! Look Fantastic is Europe’s number one seller of beauty and hair products and has taken the US by storm! They have over 450 brands hair, make up, and skin care :)
1. How often to wash your hair: I only wash my hair ONCE a week – every seven days (I promise I shower in between..). This helps to both use your scalps natural oils to moisturize your hair AND prolong the life of your color in between salon sessions.
2. Shampoo & Conditioner: if your hair is color treated – like mine… – make sure that you are using a shampoo and conditioner meant for damaged hair. They make such a difference in the strength and shine of your hair.
3. Use masks!: I use a hair mask pretty much every time I wash my hair. They help to add moisture back into my hair and make if soft and subtle. I love this Kerastase mask – you can add the purple mix to it to keep your hair looking extra cool and not brassy – but the actual mask is amazing. I have used it multiple times now and I can tell a difference when I don’t use it – my hair feels much drier, especially after a few days.
4. Coconut oil: I try to use coconut oil on the ends of my hair at night a couple times a week, but always the night before I wash my hair to add a little extra moisture back into the ends. When you bleach or dye your hair, the damaged ends need all the moisture they can get so they don’t break.
5. Regular trims: I am a little hypocritical on this one because for years I was holding on to the scraggly few inches at the bottom of my hair.. Well! This summer I had my mom trim about five inches off of my hair and it has never felt healthier! Since doing that, my hair feels like it has grown even faster and with soooo much more volume. This is really important to do, even if you only take an inch of!
6. Try to avoid heat as much as possible: I usually let my hair air dry, but sometimes I don’t plan my entire schedule around washing my hair and I NEED to blow dry it. When I do use heat on my hair I always use a heat protectant to help protect my hair from getting damaged even further
7. Heatless hairstyles: BRAIDS BRAIDS BRAIDS! This is one of the reasons why I love braids! They are such a cute style without having to use ANY heat on your hair. Also, how cute are the waves you get when you take braids out?! I used to beg my mom and sisters to put my hair in two dutch braids before bed when I was little so I would wake up with pretty waves the next day!
Hope you guys liked these little tips and tricks – of course there are so many, so let me know in the comments if there is anything you have found that helps your hair stay healthy!
Hey dolls! Here is a tutorial I made a while ago for a way to DIY the metallic liquid lipsticks I am seeing everywhere recently! It isn’t too hard, and the best part is that you can do any color combination that you want. This one is for a dark blue with silver over it, but I also did a dark nude with gold highlighter on top and a dark greyish color with pink highlighter over it! I would dig it with a bronze color for fall (how is already fall?!).
A three-fer?! I wanted to do a tutorial on just a three strand braid, but figured I would throw in the four and five stranders too! They do get more complicated but just try to think of it as only the outside two strands moving and doing a lot of over unders (anyone want to count how many times I say over or under?……)
Three strand: 0:25
Four strand: 1:12
Five strand: 2:50