I’ve been wearing scrunchies to bed for years because I love how delicate they are on my (fragile) hair, and apparently just now decided to try them out for all the time.. I am quite smitten. I decided to try to use them in three different hairstyles – all of which are soooo easy – and ended up realizing that each hairstyle has a step one that is equally as cute with the scrunchies! SO you get 6 for the price of 3.. I love a good sale.
What are your favorite kind of hair tutorials to see? Pictures or Video? Braids or curls or quick styles or ones with accessories? I love to hear your feedback so let me know below!
Watch the tutorial or follow along one of the written tutorials below to see how I do single and double half up twist, pigtails and faux fishtails, and a high pony and messy bun :)
High ponytail tutorial:
- Pull hair into high ponytail, leaving out front face framing pieces and pieces near ears.
- Use a bungee cord elastic to secure hair in place.
- Pull at the pulled back hair so that it has more volume and does not look as flat.
- Put in scrunchy and tease hair in ponytail so that there is extra volume.
Faux Fishtail Pigtails:
- Part hair down middle and secure both sides into low pigtails using clear elastics. Put scrunchies over elastics.
- Put another elastic about 6 inches down (depending on how long your hair is).
- Split the hair between the two elastics in half and loop the bottom part of your hair through the middle, creating a faux fishtail braid. Pull at the sides of this “fishtail” to make it so much thicker. This is an easy way to make a thick braid because the elastics make sure that it doesn’t fall out when you pull it apart.
- Put two more scrunchies at the bottom of the pigtails.
Messy bun tutorial:
- Secure hair into a high ponytail using a bungee cord elastic, leaving out any face framing layers you want out.
- Take ponytail and twist hair and then twist it around your ponytail elastic.
- Use (tons) of bobby pins to secure it in place.
- Carefully place scrunchy over bun.