Long time no talk! Well….. I’M BACK! Since we’ve talked last, I’ve moved to a different state, had a (fur) baby, and dyed my hair a few different hair colors (purple, blue, grey!). I can’t wait to get back in the swing of things :)
When LookFantastic.com wanted to partner up, I knew this would be the perfect post to jumpstart blogging again as it is my most requested and asked about topic – HAIRCARE! While I haven’t actually dyed my hair since January, I have been doing all of these tips and tricks to keep my hair feeling healthy and vibrant.
All of these products are available at LookFantastic.com! Look Fantastic is Europe’s number one seller of beauty and hair products and has taken the US by storm! They have over 450 brands hair, make up, and skin care :)
1. How often to wash your hair: I only wash my hair ONCE a week – every seven days (I promise I shower in between..). This helps to both use your scalps natural oils to moisturize your hair AND prolong the life of your color in between salon sessions.
2. Shampoo & Conditioner: if your hair is color treated – like mine… – make sure that you are using a shampoo and conditioner meant for damaged hair. They make such a difference in the strength and shine of your hair.
3. Use masks!: I use a hair mask pretty much every time I wash my hair. They help to add moisture back into my hair and make if soft and subtle. I love this Kerastase mask – you can add the purple mix to it to keep your hair looking extra cool and not brassy – but the actual mask is amazing. I have used it multiple times now and I can tell a difference when I don’t use it – my hair feels much drier, especially after a few days.
4. Coconut oil: I try to use coconut oil on the ends of my hair at night a couple times a week, but always the night before I wash my hair to add a little extra moisture back into the ends. When you bleach or dye your hair, the damaged ends need all the moisture they can get so they don’t break.
5. Regular trims: I am a little hypocritical on this one because for years I was holding on to the scraggly few inches at the bottom of my hair.. Well! This summer I had my mom trim about five inches off of my hair and it has never felt healthier! Since doing that, my hair feels like it has grown even faster and with soooo much more volume. This is really important to do, even if you only take an inch of!
6. Try to avoid heat as much as possible: I usually let my hair air dry, but sometimes I don’t plan my entire schedule around washing my hair and I NEED to blow dry it. When I do use heat on my hair I always use a heat protectant to help protect my hair from getting damaged even further
7. Heatless hairstyles: BRAIDS BRAIDS BRAIDS! This is one of the reasons why I love braids! They are such a cute style without having to use ANY heat on your hair. Also, how cute are the waves you get when you take braids out?! I used to beg my mom and sisters to put my hair in two dutch braids before bed when I was little so I would wake up with pretty waves the next day!
Hope you guys liked these little tips and tricks – of course there are so many, so let me know in the comments if there is anything you have found that helps your hair stay healthy!
Talk to you guys again soon xo