Blake Lively is my spirit animal (or spirit celebrity? can you call people your spirit animal?…). Ever since I saw the first episode of Gossip Girl and then every single one after that, I decided that I loved her style. Her wavy blonde locks + her effortless but somehow always chic style. I love it! And even now, I mean the whole married to Ryan Reynolds and starting a lifestyle website that is so perfect. Okay so you guys get the picture. I like her. So when I look for hairstyles to try out, I always look at her old looks. She wore this braid a while ago and I loved it ever since. Amber at Barefoot Blonde (who is also another enviable blonde!) did her version which I love and wore here, but I decided to do my take on it! It really is just three braids that are all pinned together, so as complicated as it might look I promise you can do it! Just give it a try :)
1. Part your hair on the side and spray with dry shampoo. I love doing braids on second or third day hair so a little bit of dry shampoo always makes it have more body at my roots.
2. Section off the upper 2/3 or your hair and pin it into a bun (so cute yeah?). With the lower 1/3 do a normal braid and pull it apart like crazy. You are gonna want this to even have pieces pulled out so it looks messy. Secure this with an elastic.
3. Take down the upper part of your hair and section into two. Pin the front section back up.
4. With the back section, braid your hair into a fishtail braid. The smaller the pieces the more intricate it will look. Secure this with an elastic too.
5. Pull this one apart so that it looks thicker.
6. With your front piece of hair, braid it into a normal three strand braid.
7. And pull this one apart too. Notice a theme.. I am addicted to pulling apart my braids!
8. Grab a handful of bobby pins.
9. Use the bobby pin and attach the two top braids together. The easiest way to do this is to go from the back of the braid and use the pin to grab a little piece of each braid. Push the pin down vertically so it is mostly hidden in the front!
10. Do the same thing but this time attaching the top braids to the bottom. Continue attaching them all the way down to the bottom.
11. When you get to the end. Take out one elastic and secure all the braids with one elastic.
12. Pull out pieces around your face so that it has a natural undone look and push up your hair so that there is a bit more volume!
I hope you love this fun braid as much as I do!