So Valentine’s day.. Of course I love it because if anyone loves love, I do. But I have never been that mushy about it. Charlie and I have had a handful to celebrate together and each time we just do something special like make a nice dinner and sometimes (hint hint) he gets me flowers which is my favorite thing ever. But this is our first Valentine’s day living together and I thought it would be fun if I made a few cute little decorations to put around the apartment!
I saw these cute little arrows at Anthropologie and knew that they would make the best decorations that aren’t overly Valentine’sy but pretty and unique. You can make a handful of these in a few hours, so give it a try and in the end I promise these little arrows will, at least, make you smile (as long as you aren’t still in Grinch mode from Christmas).
1. Materials: fabric of your choice (you won’t need a lot at all), barbecue skewers, thread, needle or sewing machine
2. Cut out triangles in your fabric. Sew the long sides of the triangle, leaving the bottom undone.
3. Flip the triangle so that the seams are on the inside, using the skewer to poke the top out.
4. Sew the bottom of the triangle and poke the skewer through the sewn seam. This will be a tight fit and will keep it on the top of it.
5. This is the creative part. Cut out the “feathers” from your fabric and then stitch around it so that it outlines the shape. I added lines to make it look more like a feather, but you can be as creative as you want here. You should also use a contrasting thread so that you can really see these lines!
6. Using your thread to attach the feathers to your skewer.
7. Double knot the thread and put it through your fabric first. Then wrap the thread around your fabric and skewer, securing them together. Loop it through the thread and knot at the end.
8. Put your absolutely adorable knew arrows on your table or wall and get in that Valentine’s day spirit, because all you need is love!
Love your blog! :) This post is very inspiring, keep up the great work! I’m a fan. :)
That is the sweetest thing ever! Thank you Zalona! It really means so much to me :)